Thursday, July 22, 2010

What I have learned from week 2 of action research

I really enjoyed brainstorming ideas and suggestions for my action research topic. At first, I envisioned developing an action research topic to be difficult and challenging. However, I have now realized that action research ideas and topics occur to me on a daily basis in a variety of situations. Especially during the school year when I have struggling students, see individuals challenged by issues other than academics, and the needs I face as a teacher. Unfortunately, just coming up with an action research topic isn't actually "doing" an action research topic. Investigation and inquiry within the research process, and them implementing the suggestions and ideas based on that is the main purpose and must be completed in order to make the action research a total success. I also learned about the 9 passion areas from which my "wondering questions" arise from. The text "Leading with Passion and Knowledge" by Dana has really opened my eyes to action research and has proven to be an extremely useful and beneficial tool throughout this course so far. I have learned that as a teacher, or anyone involved in the educational process for that matter, questions and ideas begin to develop within the mind. These ideas and questions come from areas and people within the school system, and all these areas of passion lead directly to an action research topic. However, the main point that I have learned this week is that development of a topic is not action research. All in all, I have learned a lot this week, and hope to continue to gain this amount of HELPFUL and USEFUL knowledge each week of this course!

No comments:

Post a Comment